SMIT has its own central Library. The students of the college can access the library facility for their various academic purposes. The library provides numerous books on various subjects, both reference and text recommended according to the syllabus of MAKAUT University. The Library is fully computerized to meet the student requirements. The system is beneficial for them in order to search for the availability of books and for other library facilities. The Library provides the students with the following:
SMIT central library has about thirty thousand of books, including journal, periodical, etc. The library has a separate reference section along with different magazines, journals, periodicals. At the commencement of session library cards are issued the students to avail the library facility. Students are permitted to retain books issued by the library during their session/semester.
Please talk to Librarian for College Login Id and others
- The Library is opened for bonafide member of SMT, Guptipara.
- Membership is automatically conferred to all the faculty members and students on his/her joining the Saroj Mohan Institute of Technology, Guptipara and remain valid for his/her tenure of employment / studies.
- Membership to visiting faculty and non-teaching staff in considered on per recommendation of the concerned authority.
- A student can issue maximum 6 books / materials (2 at a time) for the period of the current semester.
- The faculty member can issue maximum 5 books / material for the period of the current semester.
- All users must maintain a peaceful environment of whir studying in the library and talking, eating, smoking, sleeping activities are strictly prohibited.
- The Member should produce their valid Identity Library Card for borrowing Library materials, documents. Borrowing rights of members are absolutely not transferable.
- Entry in library premises in allowed only to bonafide members and library staff, has the authority to check the Identity Card of any person seeking entry to the library premises.
- Reading materials may be used in library premises or borrower for external use.
- Before borrowing library materials/documents, the member should ensure the good condition of the documents. Any mutilations / damage should be brought to the notice of the librarian. The borrower will be held responsible for any damage of the documents and he/she may have to replace the same are pay the damage on per rules of the library.
- For loss / damage of the book by the member, he/she must replace by procuring it Same/Current edition form market.
- For delayed return after the due date, the fine will be imposed / action taken as follows
- Rs. 50/- (Rupees fifty only) per book per month or their part of
- After 2 months the member will lose his borrowing rights for a period of the upcoming semester.
- The Duplicate membership card may be issued by payment of Rs. 50/-.
- No reference material / document is available for issue and shall not be permitted to be taken out of the library by any member.
- Any violation of library rules shall lead to for feature of the membership of concern member. Appropriate disciplinary action may also be imposed.
- Timing: Library shall remain open to members on all working days from Tuesday to Saturday
- Issues and returning materials: - 10:00 am - 05:00 pm.
- Reading : 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Lunch Break: - 01:30 pm - 02:00 pm.
- For obtaining clearance from the library every member has to return all the materials and documents issued by the library against his/her name and clear all the due if any imposed by the library.
- No-dues certificate / clearing certificate should be obtained from SMIT-Library while leaving the college. The Result or degree or dues cannot be issued to members, unless all borrowers are returned.
- Readers should not mark, underline, dog-ear mark, write, tear pages or damages the Library books and any documents. If violated, a fine will be imposed accordingly.
- Library member can take Internet facility from the library circulation section through laptop for a period of one hour.
- Newspapers / magazines may be read only in the Library on specific desk and must not be taken to any other reading areas.
- The Librarian may give punishment for unfair activities.
- The library provides computers for internet surfing to students of the Institute. The following actions are prohibited:
- Violating copyright laws or database licensing restrictions;
- Accessing or distributing material that is obscene or pornographic in nature;
- Bypassing security protections on individual computers;
- Engaging in any form of hacking or unauthorized use of networked resources;
- Installing any software or hardware devices on Librarary computers;
- Disassembling computers or disconnecting network or power cables from the computer.
- The library does not encrypt data sent or received through its Internet services so the connection should not be considered secure.
- Priority of use of computing resources is given to students, faculty, and staff.
- Time limits have been established forty minutes in a day for each user. Patrons using a computer beyond the posted times may be asked to leave the computer.
If the library student determines that your usage of the computers violates these policies, you may be asked to stop using the computer and to leave the library.