1. For Engineering/Technology courses First year
Academic eligibility criteria: In other Institutes (except Calcutta University and Jadavpur University): Candidates must pass Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board in regular class mode with:
- Individual pass marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and
- Minimum of 45% marks in the above subjects taken together (40% for SC/ST/ PwD/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) as well as pass in English with a minimum of 30% marks (for all categories of candidates) in the said qualifying examination.
Note: Pass marks in any subject shall imply pass marks in theory and practical individually, as specified by the concerned Council/Board.
2. Lateral Entry Student
The Applicant (both male and female) must be a citizen of India.
Engineering & Technology:
- Diploma holders have to pass Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and B.Sc. Degree holders have to pass B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and pass XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall have to clear the subjects of Engineering. Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the 1st year Engineering Programme along with the second year subjects.
- The students belonging to B.Sc. stream shall be considered only after offering the supernumerary seats in this category to the students belonging to the Diploma Stream. Diploma holders and B.Sc. Degree holders having above mentioned eligibility criteria shall also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering & Technology Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year class in case the vacancies at lateral entry are exhausted.