Anti Ragging Notification
Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college premises / campus. If anybody found indulged in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent. In order to prevent such activity in campus, several committees have been developed and brought into operation even before the start of 1st year classes by the Director/Principal. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited within the premises of the college. Any individual or group of individuals who indulge in an act or practice of ragging constitutes groups indiscipline and such individual / groups shall be dealt with as per the ordinance. Ragging includes individual or collective acts or practices that involve physical assault or threat or use of physical force, which violate the status, dignity and honour of any student.
Students shall not:
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of students
- Expose students to ridicule and contempt thereby affect their self-esteem
- Entail verbal abuse and aggression indecent gestures and obscene behavior
- The Anti ragging committee shall take immediate action on any information of the occurrence of ragging.
Note: As per the Hon’ble Supreme Court in SLP No. 24295 of 2006 dated 16-05-2007 and in Civil Appeal number 887 of 2009, dated 08-05-2009 ragging is completely ban in educational institution and institute may take action like:
- Cancellation of admission
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution etc.